Wake up. Lift. Class. Practice. Homework. Sleep. Repeat.
That’s a pretty tight schedule, huh? There are over 500 student-athletes on campus. If you are considering walking-on, or are being recruited for a D-1 team, here’s 5 tools specifically tailored to Marist College to help you balance life as a student, and life as an athlete!
- Take advantage of our tutoring services if you’re having trouble in class (free to athletes, and open to non-athletes too!!).
- You have the McCann Center for Student Enhancement and your assigned athletic advisor help you schedule your classes, find the right teachers, and the right fit around your practice time.
- If your coach mandates study hall, GO TO IT. It’s six hours a week, so some advice? Get it out of the way early in the week.
- Get sleep. A lot of times team lifts are in the mornings before 8:00 classes, so sleep can fall to the wayside. Get your work done at study hall or during the day, so you have time to relax and sleep at night.
- Lastly, not so sure the D-1 lifestyle is right for you, but want some fun sports to play anyway? Check out our intramural and club sports webpage!
Questions? Visit our athletics website at http://www.goredfoxes.com/
Alexandra McCahill 15’