The documents you typically need are:
- Completed application form.
- Valid passport.
- Two photographs.
- Letter showing you’ve been accepted by a German university.
- Transcript of academic record.
- Certificate of German language proficiency or proof that you intend on attending a language course in Germany (if studying in German)
- 1 How long does it take to get a student visa to Germany?
- 2 How much money do I need for German student visa?
- 3 How do I get a student applicant visa for Germany?
- 4 When can I apply for German student visa?
- 5 Is German language required for student visa?
- 6 Can I learn German for free in Germany?
- 7 How much bank balance is required for Germany visa?
- 8 Is German language required to study in Germany?
- 9 Can I go with my family to study in Germany?
- 10 How much money a student can earn in Germany?
- 11 How much it cost to study in Germany?
- 12 How much does a study visa cost?
- 13 Is there an interview for Germany student visa?
- 14 How can a student move to Germany?
- 15 Is German visa easy to get?
How long does it take to get a student visa to Germany?
The processing time for a German student visa can usually take up to 25 days. However, it also depends on the German Embassy as well as the country you’re applying from. In some instances, it may also take up to 6-12 weeks, with the longest processing time being 3 months.
How much money do I need for German student visa?
In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have around 10,332 euros at their disposal for one year. This amount of money is called “Regelbedarf”, which means it is the amount of money that is estimated to be needed by a student to live in Germany for one year.
How do I get a student applicant visa for Germany?
- Make an appointment with the German consulate. You will need to attend an interview at the German consulate in your home country in order to be accepted for a student visa.
- Set up a Blocked Account.
- Apply for health insurance.
- Fill in the application form.
- Check you have all the documents ready.
When can I apply for German student visa?
You are advised to apply for a student visa at least three months before your arrival in Germany. The processing of your application may take up to 25 days.
Is German language required for student visa?
To do this you’ll need to contact the local German embassy or consulate in your home country. The documents you typically need are: Certificate of German language proficiency or proof that you intend on attending a language course in Germany (if studying in German)
Can I learn German for free in Germany?
Everyone can study in Germany tuition-free! That’s right: Germans, Europeans, and all non-Europeans can study in Germany free of charge – without tuition fees. It does not matter if you are from the EU or EEA. This applies to almost all study programmes at public universities.
How much bank balance is required for Germany visa?
A German blocked account is a special account, in which the visa applicant needs to transfer at least 10,332 euros in order to prove they have the means to finance themselves throughout the first year of their studies. This amount will be blocked in the bank until the student’s arrival in Germany.
Is German language required to study in Germany?
5. Do I need to speak German? The language of instruction at most universities in Germany is German. All students undertaking a German-taught program will need to be able to demonstrate a firm knowledge of the language, either by means of a language test result or by taking a preparatory course.
Can I go with my family to study in Germany?
Can I bring my family along while I study In Germany? There’s no short answer to this question. Spouses, partners and/or children may be permitted to reside in Germany while you study, provided certain conditions are met. These conditions include having sufficient funds and living space.
How much money a student can earn in Germany?
Students in Germany can earn up to €450 (~US$491) per month tax-free. If you earn more than this, you will receive an income tax number and have automatic tax deductions from your salary. Some employers may withhold income tax despite the low income, but you can reclaim this after submitting your income tax statement.
How much it cost to study in Germany?
Ans: Every semester, international students need to pay a sum of 250 Euros approximately, to the university. Along with that, candidates need to pay a sum of 50 Euros as an administrative fee to the authorities. Making the overall cost of studying in Germany close to 300 Euros i.e 25000 INR (Approx.).
How much does a study visa cost?
The type of visa for which you apply determines the fee amount. You need to pay a SEVIS fee of $350 (Approx Indian Rs 25,113.90). Then F, J or M application fee of $160 (Approx Indian Rs 11,480). For most exchange visitors with Form DS-2019, the SEVIS fee is US$220 (Approx Indian Rs 15,785.88).
Is there an interview for Germany student visa?
Once you have submitted your application for your National Visa, which will permit you to stay and study in Germany, along with the supporting documents, you will receive a call to attend an interview. The interview will be conducted by the concerned official at the German consulate.
How can a student move to Germany?
You can get the residence permit with your proof of enrollment at a university. You can get both the residence and work permit if you find a job. It is also possible to get a residence permit if you can prove you can support yourself. A bank statement will do.
Is German visa easy to get?
However, getting into Germany is not an easy piece of cake for everyone since a visa is required for many. Although Germany has reached visa facilitation agreements with many countries, there are still many more worldwide, the citizens who need to obtain a visa, even for short stays and tourism.