Recommended Cars for College Students
|2021 Vehicle model IIHS safety picks||Safety features|
|Mazda CX-5 (2014 or newer; built after October 2013)||Mazda CX-5 safety features|
|Subaru Crosstrek (2017 or newer)||Subaru Crosstrek Safety Features|
|Toyota Prius (2014 or newer; built after November 2013)||Toyota Prius safety features|
- 1 What is the best vehicle for college students?
- 2 What car do most college students drive?
- 3 How much should a college student pay for a car?
- 4 What is the best starter car for a teenager?
- 5 What car can I buy with 5000 dollars?
- 6 What is the best car for a high school student?
- 7 Can a college student afford a car?
- 8 Can a college student get a car loan with no job?
- 9 Is having a car in college worth it?
- 10 What is the best car for a girl?
- 11 What is the best car for a 17 year old?
- 12 What is a good price for a car for a teenager?
What is the best vehicle for college students?
What Are the Best Cars For College Students?
- Gas Mileage.
- The Jeep Wrangler.
- Toyota Prius.
- Volkswagen Jetta.
- Honda CR-V. The CR-V is a small SUV that makes an excellent vehicle for a college student.
- Hyundai Elantra. The Hyundai Elantra is another excellent choice for students on a budget.
What car do most college students drive?
Which Cars Do College Students Really Drive?
- Average Honda Accord Insurance Premium: $1,336.
- Average Honda Civic Insurance Premium: $1,360.
- Average Toyota Camry Insurance Premium: $1,430.
- Average Toyota Corolla Insurance Premium: $1,313.
- Average Nissan Altima Insurance Premium: $1,493.
How much should a college student pay for a car?
If you’re just looking for a rough estimate, plug in $350 if you’re buying a car that costs less than $5,000, $750 if the car costs under $10,000 and $1,500 if the car costs less than $20,000. Boys, you’ll pay more.
What is the best starter car for a teenager?
Best First Cars for Teens
- BEST OVERALL. Volkswagen Golf. See Photos. Starting Price: $21,805.
- BEST MIDSIZE. Toyota Camry. See Photos. Starting Price: $24,565.
- BEST SPORTS CAR. Mazda 3. See Photos. Starting Price: $18,990.
- BEST ALL-WHEEL DRIVE. Subaru Impreza. See Photos. Starting Price: $19,355.
What car can I buy with 5000 dollars?
That being said, here are 8 of the best cars you are likely to find for under $5,000, according to industry experts:
- Toyota Camry, 2002-2006.
- Toyota Sienna, 2004 to 2010.
- Ford Focus, 2008 to 2011.
- Honda Civic, 2006 to 2010.
- Subaru Outback, 2005 to 2009.
- Acura TL, 2003 or earlier.
What is the best car for a high school student?
Top 7 Cars for High School Students
- Honda Accord. When it comes to popularity, reliability, fuel economy and safety, you can’t do much better than a Honda Accord.
- Nissan Sentra. Nissans also have an excellent reputation for durability and reliability.
- Ford Fusion.
- Hyundai Elantra.
- Ford Mustang.
- Kia Optima.
- Chevrolet Cruze.
Can a college student afford a car?
Get a Cosigner Having a cosigner can also help you afford a car in college. If you have bad credit or no credit, a cosigner with better credit can give you the boost you need to get approved for a loan. Plus, they can even help get you affordable terms for lower monthly payments.
Can a college student get a car loan with no job?
No, you can’t use student loans to purchase a vehicle. If you don’t have other sources of income, and no provable W-2 or 1099 income, then you may have to buy a vehicle with cash until you can start earning a stable income. If you don’t have a stable income by yourself, you may be able to have someone help you out.
Is having a car in college worth it?
Owning a car in college can help you make and save money, too. Since you can commute a little further, you’ll be able to consider a wider selection of off-campus jobs. And with all that carrying capacity, you can tackle a week’s worth of grocery shopping in a single day.
What is the best car for a girl?
Best cars for women
- Fiat 500.
- Vauxhall Adam.
- Volkswagen Beetle.
- Volvo XC40.
- Hyundai Tucson.
- Mini Convertible.
- Renault Zoe.
- BMW Z4.
What is the best car for a 17 year old?
Best cars for 17-year-olds
- Peugeot 108/Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo.
- Fiat 500.
- Toyota Yaris.
- Skoda Fabia.
- Ford Fiesta.
- Nissan Micra.
- Citroen C4 Cactus.
- Dacia Duster.
What is a good price for a car for a teenager?
Generally, people are looking to spend under $10,000 on first cars for teens. New cars can be pretty expensive, but for a teenager you don’t need to break the bank to get a good first car.